The berries added just excellent! Personally, double the bananas but use ‘under ripe’. Amazingly, and to our distinct health advantage, the bananas arriving at Costco are invariably green! It takes about a week to see some yellow in the skin! But green bananas have potentially tremendous advantages health wise.Just love Michael Greger, he has somehow, almost implausibly, become a great chef with an excellent cookbook. Am constantly scanning recipes and noticed this Breakfast Grain Bowl! Optional, if you have no berries on hand, to make do with extra bananas. However, I say Green!
For this recipe, just including that cut up starch resistant banana into the cooking process will solve many a glycemic index problem, and deliver a great natural source of fiber and potassium!
Putting blueberries, blackberries, or likewise on top, give a sweet and natural fructose flavoring! Plus, this blue fruit is an excellent source of phyto-nutrients, with myriad health advantages. A helping of blueberries a day singularly is almost a modality in itself from the point of view of our web!
- 3 cups cooked whole grains (ex: brown rice, quinoa, freekeh, oats)
- 3/4 cup cannelini beans mashed
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 1-inch piece turmeric (or 1 tsp ground)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated (optional)
- 1 cup berries fresh or frozen
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 4 tablespoons date syrup (optional)